Please review the following guidelines when submitting an article for publication:
The Mission of One Christian Voice
One Christian Voice exists to bring the community together, sharing news, information, and inspiration from the various communities represented and from around the nation and the world.
We promote faith and community by sharing our news, information, and inspiration from the various regions represented and from around the world.
Sharing stories from within each community sets the tone of the magazine: a feel-good, sort of “Our Town” representation of each division’s geographical location. If Norman Rockwell painted it, Hallmark presented the movie, and Thortan Wilder wrote the play, we would have the essence of our goal well depicted.
We believe that Jesus Christ, the only Son of God, who gave His life on the cross for all who receive Him, is the only way to salvation. As far as doctrinal content, we write from what we have in common and avoid referring to denominational differences. We trust that the blood of Christ will cover whatever errancy we have in regard to the non-essential details of our faith.
Guidelines for Article Submission
1. Articles must be high quality, 500 or more words, in keeping with Biblical standards.
2. Articles must be journalistic in style, written about the people, events or organizations within the geographic area of the Editor’s division, including stories about individual Christians, Christian events, Christian churches, Christian organizations or Christian missions in the area of the Editor’s local division of One Christian Voice. These topics are about other people, places and events, rather than the writer’s own faith journey, knowledge or expertise.
Journalistic Articles are characterized by the following qualities:
- Journalistic articles have headlines and content that are exciting, emotional, dramatic, time sensitive and relevant to the local population. Relevance could mean that a local resident has a connection to a story of national interest.
- Journalistic articles have sentence structure and vocabulary that is easy to read.
The paragraphs are short—one to three sentences in length.
- Journalistic articles give the most important information first, which each new paragraph containing supporting details that are successively less important.
3. In addition to general and breaking news from the Christian community, our articles also include secular news, written relative to the Christian community (for example, the writer may interview local Christians about their experience during a natural disaster or other trauma that recently took place in their community).
4. Topics must be varied across categories, churches and people. One individual, church or organization must not be disproportionately represented from the rest of the population.
5. At least one quotation from any of the people involved should always be included.
6. At least one image of people, events, or missional activities, resized to 700 pixels and 72 resolution must be included as a featured image. Additional images within the article must be be resized to 350 pixels at a resolution of 72 prior to uploaded to the website. We recommend either your own original images, or Unsplash.com, Pixabay or Wikemedia. Please contact us if you cannot find a relevant image.
7. The author’s biography and image must be included for the author of the story, either as a guest author at the end of the article or by creating a User profile for the author.
8. Include at least one Bible verse, quoted from 365 Day Bible (https://365daybible.com).
9. Any relevant Videos must be uploaded to our Youtube channel and not to the website. If the division does not have a Youtube channel then arrangements can be made to upload it to One Christian Voice’s Youtube channel prior to the article being published.
10. Articles are property of One Christian Voice, Inc. If permission is granted to copy and re-publish the article to websites outside of One Christian Voice, the publication must include attribution to the division, including a link to the originally published article and to One Christian Voice, LLC.
One Christian Voice purchases news articles that are written to cover actual, current events and stories that are written for the purpose of publishing in a specific geographic location covered by One Christian Voice. All articles that will be reimbursed must be approved in writing by one of our editors prior to beginning the project. Please include images of the event or story with your submission.
Articles submitted to One Christian Voice for reimbursement must be written exclusively for one or more of One Christian Voice’s publications, and must not have been previously published or submitted to any other publisher. All articles written for One Christian Voice become the property of One Christian Voice and all of its subsidiaries. Permission for reprint must be obtained from One Christian Voice and references must be made to the original article with appropriate links back to One Christian Voice.
Articles must not be written for the purpose of promoting a person, business entity, organization, product, or service. Being subjective without the underlying intent to promote a person, product or service promotes the legitimacy of your content or position to the reader.
Powerful, pithy content is attractive to today’s readers. We therefore recommend a length of approximately 750-1,200 words. Longer submissions may be divided into more than one published article.
Microsoft Word documents with a simple font, such as Times New Roman, are the most convenient standard for us. You may also simply paste the article in the body of an email. Please do not send PDF files. References in the article must include relevant links to online sources. Please use standard reference protocol.
Please include verifiable contact and credential information with all submissions. We will include a short, one to four sentence bio sketch of the author with each published article. Company affiliation as it relates to the article (one mention), and social media contacts are permissible in the author bio only. Reference to specific products, services or proprietary techniques is prohibited.
If an article is accepted for publication, an “Assignment of Copyright” form will be sent to you. It must be signed and returned before we can publish your work. This form ensures that you have not published your work elsewhere and that if it is published subsequently in any non-One Christian Voice format, it must include acknowledgement of the One Christian Voice publication in which it originally appeared. This also allows One Christian Voice to protect you from those who would attempt to reprint your article without permission.
Please use the form below to contact us.
Please note, contacting an Editor from a division near you is generally more productive and efficient.
[formidable id=6 title=true description=true]